Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dreaming of Adventure Jobs

In reality, I'm perfectly content in my current role, but in my dreams (where loans, familial obligations, and the absence of any technical outdoors skills have no bearing on my aspirations) I'm making a living as raft guide or an equestrian instructor at a dude ranch in Wyoming.  If you have these same inklings of wilderness guide glory, but, unlike me, are actually capable of performing the responsibilities that come with the job title, check out the Outdoor Adventure Professional Network. In fact, these type of adventure jobs can be excellent opportunities for employment during the summer, post-graduation, or for professionals looking to shake things up.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll be guiding tourists down the Kicking Horse River in a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment